Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike

Default Using and IF functio between 2 worksheets.

On one work sheet I have 3 columns listing an item #, the product description
& the price. On the other worksheet is a sales bill where products can be
listed and tallied. Is there an IF formula that allows me to type in an item
number on the sales bill and have the product description and Price
automatically appear in the adjacent 2 cells. This would be a function I
want to repeat down the Sales Bill until the customer is done selecting
Items. This function, If possible, would save time in retyping Item
descriptions and/or using the cut/copy cell feature.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernard Liengme

From your message I think you should first read Help on VLOOKUP
Come back for more then
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Mike" wrote in message
On one work sheet I have 3 columns listing an item #, the product
description
& the price. On the other worksheet is a sales bill where products can be
listed and tallied. Is there an IF formula that allows me to type in an
item
number on the sales bill and have the product description and Price
automatically appear in the adjacent 2 cells. This would be a function I
want to repeat down the Sales Bill until the customer is done selecting
Items. This function, If possible, would save time in retyping Item
descriptions and/or using the cut/copy cell feature.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RagDyer

Sounds like an elementary Vlookup() should work for you.

On Sheet1, with data in A2 to C100, and ID number in Column A, Description
in Column B, and price in Column C.

On Sheet2, say your first cell for entering your ID number is B10, with C10
and D10 to display your description and price.

Enter this formula in C10:

=VLOOKUP($B10,Sheet1!$A$2:$C$100,COLUMNS($A:B),0)

Copy across to D10.
Then select C10 *and* D10, and copy down as needed.
--
HTH,

RD

"Mike" wrote in message
On one work sheet I have 3 columns listing an item #, the product

description
& the price. On the other worksheet is a sales bill where products can be
listed and tallied. Is there an IF formula that allows me to type in an

item
number on the sales bill and have the product description and Price
automatically appear in the adjacent 2 cells. This would be a function I
want to repeat down the Sales Bill until the customer is done selecting
Items. This function, If possible, would save time in retyping Item
descriptions and/or using the cut/copy cell feature.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike

RagDyer,
That Tip was perfect it allowed me to do exactly what I wanted to .
One last question about the same thing. Is their a way to have the product
description and price appear in the second worksheet with exactly the same
font and color as it is listed on the first worksheet. Thanks so much for
your help.

"Mike" wrote in message
On one work sheet I have 3 columns listing an item #, the product

description
& the price. On the other worksheet is a sales bill where products can be
listed and tallied. Is there an IF formula that allows me to type in an

item
number on the sales bill and have the product description and Price
automatically appear in the adjacent 2 cells. This would be a function I
want to repeat down the Sales Bill until the customer is done selecting
Items. This function, If possible, would save time in retyping Item
descriptions and/or using the cut/copy cell feature.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ragdyer

If you manually applied the formats to the cells in the first sheet, then
.... NO.

If the formats were a result of Conditional Formatting, then you can simply
duplicate the Conditional Format in the second sheet.

RD