Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ah 3

Default display formula instead of its values in some cells

Hello all,

I encountered problem for some excel files when typing a formula but
displayed a formula instead of its calculated values, e.g.

when I entered "=100 + 100", what I exepected is to display as "200", but it
was displayed as "=100 + 100" instead.

Please kindly help, many thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

It seems like that cell is formatted as Text....
Try this:
FormatCellsNumber tab
Category: Number
Click [OK]

Select the cell, press [F2] then press [Enter]

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"ah 3" wrote:

Hello all,

I encountered problem for some excel files when typing a formula but
displayed a formula instead of its calculated values, e.g.

when I entered "=100 + 100", what I exepected is to display as "200", but it
was displayed as "=100 + 100" instead.

Please kindly help, many thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Aladin Akyurek

ah 3 wrote:
Hello all,

I encountered problem for some excel files when typing a formula but
displayed a formula instead of its calculated values, e.g.

when I entered "=100 + 100", what I exepected is to display as "200", but it
was displayed as "=100 + 100" instead.

Please kindly help, many thanks!

Remove the double quotes around the formula. Thus like this:

=100 + 100

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ah 3

Sorry, of course, I haven't typed double quotes in the cells. Thanks
anyway.

"Aladin Akyurek"
.. .

ah 3 wrote:
Hello all,

I encountered problem for some excel files when typing a formula but
displayed a formula instead of its calculated values, e.g.

when I entered "=100 + 100", what I exepected is to display as "200", but
it was displayed as "=100 + 100" instead.

Please kindly help, many thanks!

Remove the double quotes around the formula. Thus like this:

=100 + 100

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ah 3

yes, but I am sure this is not the cause of the problem. Thanks.

"Bob Phillips" bl...

"ah 3" wrote in message
Hello all,

I encountered problem for some excel files when typing a formula but
displayed a formula instead of its calculated values, e.g.

when I entered "=100 + 100", what I exepected is to display as "200", but

it
was displayed as "=100 + 100" instead.

Please kindly help, many thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

Maybe the workbook is becoming corrupt?
Anyway you can select all formulas and do editreplace and replace the equal
sign with the equal sign to trigger a calculation before you do that make
sure all formats are not text since if you format a cell as text you will
see the formula and not the result

Peo Sjoblom

"ah 3" wrote in message
Hello all,

I encountered problem for some excel files when typing a formula but
displayed a formula instead of its calculated values, e.g.

when I entered "=100 + 100", what I exepected is to display as "200",

but
it
was displayed as "=100 + 100" instead.

Please kindly help, many thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

So if you had 200 cells that were like that you would go through each of
them? My method will do it in one fell swoop

Peo Sjoblom

"ah 3" wrote in message
Hello all,

I encountered problem for some excel files when typing a formula but
displayed a formula instead of its calculated values, e.g.

when I entered "=100 + 100", what I exepected is to display as

"200",
but
it
was displayed as "=100 + 100" instead.

Please kindly help, many thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ah 3

sorry, I haven't study your solution, will try later.

but for Ron's solution, I can also edit one cell and paste to the rest of
the same row/column of cells.

Thanks.

"Peo Sjoblom" .gbl...