Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rich Hayes

Default Updating tables!

I have a spreadsheet in sheet 1, cells A1 to L1 show months of the year. In
rows A2 to L50 there are numbers.

In Sheet 2 I want to create a sheet whereby the data for the sheet 1 table
can be inputted, amended, deleted etc.

In Sheet 2, cell A1, I input the month I want to adjust e.g 'Jan 2005'. What
i'd like to happen is the table in sheet 2 to become the January column from
Sheet 1 showing the data in that column in Sheet 1 and allow me to edit it
and change the figures. This should then update the info back in Sheet 1. Is
this possible without using pivot tables?

PLease let me know if you need me to explain further what it is I'm trying
to achieve.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Rich
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Hi Rich

Pulling the data from Sheet1 is relatively straight forward.
Amending it on Sheet2 is no problem, but there is no way that the data
can be written back to Sheet1 without either
1 You copying the Data and Paste SpecialValues back to Sheet1
2 Some VBA code to carry out the task.

--
Regards

Roger Govier