daryl

Default need help with time formula

Hi all,
I could really use some help with an issue I have been dealing with at work.
I have a program that outputs data with a timestamp attached. The problem is
the timestamp is shown in seconds after midnight that day. What I need is an
excel formula that would convert an integer such as this "34908" to a time
format such as 2:30 pm. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Armadeus

Ron Rosenfeld

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 19:26:17 -0600, "daryl" wrote:

Hi all,
I could really use some help with an issue I have been dealing with at work.
I have a program that outputs data with a timestamp attached. The problem is
the timestamp is shown in seconds after midnight that day. What I need is an
excel formula that would convert an integer such as this "34908" to a time
format such as 2:30 pm. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Armadeus

Excel expresses time as fraction of a day.

So, in Excel, the time could be expresses as =timestamp/secs_in_day or
=timestamp/(24*60*60)
=timestamp/86400

Format the result as h:mm AM/PM

--ron