Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dan B

Default Move Data from rows to columns...

Hi,

I have contact information, name, address etc all in column A. Each group
is separated by a row with a 0 in it. I need to transpose it to columns.
Thanks to Biff's help in a previous post, I have this formula to do this:

=INDEX(Sheet1!$B:$B,(ROWS($1:1)-1)*7+COLUMNS($A:A))

The problem is that some of the groups have 4 rows of data, some have 8 and
others somewhere in between. Plus the row with the 0 between each group
throws stuff off too.

So what can be added to this formula to accomplish this.

Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Hi!

If the data sets have different numbers of entries then there is no easy way
to do this that isn't labor intensive.

About the only thing I can think of would be to insert empty rows between
data sets so that there is a uniform pattern. The number of rows between the
first entry of each set would need to be the same then you could just adjust
this portion of the formula: *7

Biff

"Dan B" wrote in message

I have contact information, name, address etc all in column A. Each group
is separated by a row with a 0 in it. I need to transpose it to columns.
Thanks to Biff's help in a previous post, I have this formula to do this:

=INDEX(Sheet1!$B:$B,(ROWS($1:1)-1)*7+COLUMNS($A:A))

The problem is that some of the groups have 4 rows of data, some have 8
and others somewhere in between. Plus the row with the 0 between each
group throws stuff off too.

So what can be added to this formula to accomplish this.

Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dan B

Thanks for your help, it did help a lot!. I'll see what I can do with it
the rest of the way.