Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Carolyn

Default New data will not sort with existing data from copied file

I have copied a file within the same worksheet, it is for tracking purposes.
Any new data I have entered will not sort with the old data. It will sort the
new entries only.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gary L Brown

Ask a question.
--
Gary Brown

"Carolyn" wrote:

I have copied a file within the same worksheet, it is for tracking purposes.
Any new data I have entered will not sort with the old data. It will sort the
new entries only.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Carolyn

Question is how can I get it to sort all of the data new and existing? It is
almost as if the old data is frozen,( I have made sure none of the cells are
frozen), also if I make any changes to the old data it will then behave as
new data.

"Gary L Brown" wrote:

Ask a question.
--
Gary Brown

"Carolyn" wrote:

I have copied a file within the same worksheet, it is for tracking purposes.
Any new data I have entered will not sort with the old data. It will sort the
new entries only.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gary L Brown

1) Do you have a break in your data so that your sort is only on the new data?
2) Are you sorting on fields that don't change so that it only looks like
it's not sorting?
3) Are you sorting on a field that would naturally keep your new data in one
area such as date. ie: you've already sorted on Jan 01 thru Jan 03 so only
the new data (Jan 04) looks like it's getting sorted?

HTH,
--
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful, please click the ''Yes'' button next to ''Was this
Post Helpfull to you?''.

"Carolyn" wrote:

Question is how can I get it to sort all of the data new and existing? It is
almost as if the old data is frozen,( I have made sure none of the cells are
frozen), also if I make any changes to the old data it will then behave as
new data.

"Gary L Brown" wrote:

Ask a question.
--