Scooterdog

Default <>

My job has 2 seperate pay scales. Let me call 1 pay scale "c".
The other pay scale called "b".
My worksheet looks something like this:
a b
1 b pay scale
2 55 car rate
3 $65.00 total pay

I need a formula that will allow me to type in either "b" or "c"
in cell a1 and in cell a2 type in a car rate like 55.
Now, my car rate is in cells a18 to a22 on my worksheet.
The higher the car rate, the more the pay.
Example:
If my pay scale is "b" and I handle from 0 to 80 cars,
my total pay would be $65.00. IF my pay scale is "b"
and I handle from 81 to 105 cars, my total pay would
be $75.00.

Now, if my pay scale is "c" and I handle from 0 to 80 cars,
my total pay would be $80.00. IF my pay scale is "c" and I
handle 81 to 105 cars, my total pay would be $90.00.
Thank you for your time and help.
Frank Kabel

Hi
you have already received two answers to your original thread. Have you
tried Aladin's or my suggestion?. If yes what does not work with them?

P.S.: always better to stay in the original thread and post a follow-up
:-))

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Scooterdog" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
[...]

Scooterdog

yes sir, I did try yours first. The problem is:
I do not want 2 separate worksheets, just 1.
Wife and I followed your instructions, and got
window outlining full formula in black.
I do appericate any help from you, but I (a rookie)
had no luck. Does this new letter make better sense?
Again, thank you and hope I hear from you again.
On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 17:02:16 +0100, "Frank Kabel"
wrote:

Hi
you have already received two answers to your original thread. Have you
tried Aladin's or my suggestion?. If yes what does not work with them?

P.S.: always better to stay in the original thread and post a follow-up
:-))

Frank Kabel

Hi
you could of course put this lookup table on the same worksheet. If you
like email me a test file and I'll insert it for you :-)

email: frank[dot]kabel[at]freenet[dot]de