Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sabunabu

Default Sorting Data Automatically

I have a sheet with names and corresponding sales data. Every month, the
numbers (sales data) changes and I would like to set up a sort function that
ranks the names/data in order as the sales data changes. I know you can do
this manually but is there a way of performing this sort automatically?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
William Horton

Having the users choose Data / Sort from the Excel menu path doesn't seem to
manual to me. However, you could put a button on the worksheet, and have
that button fire off a macro that would do the sort for you. Another way
would be to have a pivot table run off your source data. Everytime you
refresh the pivot table the data will be sorted in whatever way you have
formatted the pivot table to sort.

"Sabunabu" wrote:

I have a sheet with names and corresponding sales data. Every month, the
numbers (sales data) changes and I would like to set up a sort function that
ranks the names/data in order as the sales data changes. I know you can do
this manually but is there a way of performing this sort automatically?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Martin P

Let cells A2 to A5 contain the names and cells B2 to B5 the sales.
Cell C2:=B2+ROW()/1000
Cell D2:=RANK($C2,$C$2:$C$5)
Cell E2:=ROW()-1
Cell F2:=MATCH(E2,$D$2:$D$5,0)