Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Nicole

Default Convert $ amount from excel to access? No decimals but 00 at end

I am trying to export dollar amounts from excel to Acess. Access does not use
decimals so I need to remove the decimals from the cells in Excel but add the
two zeros to serve as place holders at the end of the number.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
William Horton

Not sure if I'm understanding you properly. Microsoft Access definitely does
accept numbers with trailing decimals. If you are exportiing dollar amounts
format your Access field as a Currency field. I am going to take a guess and
assume that all the dollar amounts you are exporting to Access are even
dollar amounts ($500.00, $999.00, $1.00, etc). If that is the case make sure
that the field you are putting these into in Access is formatted to show 2
trailing decimal places whether there is data in those trailing spaces or not.