Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jim

Default countif, sumif, sumproduct - I dont know which to use

Hello,

Thanks for the help.

I need to count the data that was dumped into column A:C into L, M, N, and O.

If the date of column A matches the date in column K and if the number in
column B matches (say for this example) the number in column M I would like
to pull the number from column C to column O.

I showed in the tally how I would like the final product to look. Thanks
for the help.

Dump
A B C
1/2/2005 1 95
2 96
1/3/2005 0 8
1 308
2 533
1/4/2005 0 7
1 211
2 383

Tally
K L M
N O
0 1 2 3
Sunday, January 02, 2005 95 96
Monday, January 03, 2005 8 308 533
Tuesday, January 04, 2005 7 211 383

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

=IF(AND(A2=K2,,B2=M2),C2,"")

in O2

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Jim" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Vito

Try this in column O, adjusting ranges as necessary.

=sumproduct(($A$1:$A$100=K1)*($B$1:$B$100=M1)*($C$ 1:$C$100))

--
Vito
Vito's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29182

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Duke Carey

Since your dates do not repeat, doing this would be difficult.

If you fill in the missing dates you can do it by formula, but it would be
far easier to just create a pivot table with the dates as row headers, the
0,1,2 etc values as column headers, and the other numbers as your data values.

Use Data- Pivot Table and Pivot Chart... and then follow the prompts