Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
barry24uk

Default Is it possible to make a cell flash between 2 colours?

I think the question speaks for itself.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gary''s Student

You might try an OnTime Event procedure to alternately change a cell's
background color back and forth. But it would not blink very fast.

See http://cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm for help on OnTime.

_____________________________________
Gary's Student

I think the question speaks for itself.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Desert Piranha

barry24uk Wrote:
I think the question speaks for itself.

Hi Barry,
Try this, cange to suit your needs
'----------
Public Sub Blink()
Dim appTime
With Sheets(1).Range("A1").Interior
If .ColorIndex = 4 Then
.ColorIndex = 3
Else
.ColorIndex = 4
End If
End With
appTime = Now() + TimeValue("00:00:01")
Application.OnTime appTime, "Blink"
End Sub
'----------

--
Desert Piranha

Desert Piranha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28934
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=497233

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ikr

"Desert Piranha"
<Desert.Piranha.20yu2m_1136135402.5753@excelforu m-nospam.com wrote in
message news:Desert.Piranha.20yu2m_1136135402.5753@excelfo rum-nospam.com...

barry24uk Wrote:
I think the question speaks for itself.

Hi Barry,
Try this, cange to suit your needs
'----------
Public Sub Blink()
Dim appTime
With Sheets(1).Range("A1").Interior
If .ColorIndex = 4 Then
ColorIndex = 3
Else
ColorIndex = 4
End If
End With
appTime = Now() + TimeValue("00:00:01")
Application.OnTime appTime, "Blink"
End Sub
'----------

dot missing from the beginning of the ColorIndex = 3 and ColorIndex = 4
lines, to link with the With statement, viz:
..ColorIndex = 3
..ColorIndex = 4

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Desert Piranha

barry24uk Wrote:
I think the question speaks for itself.

Hi Barry,
Try this, cange to suit your needs
'----------
Public Sub Blink()
Dim appTime
With Sheets(1).Range("A1").Interior
If .ColorIndex = 4 Then
ColorIndex = 3
Else
ColorIndex = 4
End If
End With
appTime = Now() + TimeValue("00:00:01")
Application.OnTime appTime, "Blink"
End Sub
'----------

dot missing from the beginning of the ColorIndex = 3 and ColorIndex =
4
lines, to link with the With statement, viz:
..ColorIndex = 3
..ColorIndex = 4Hi ikr,

Don't know, but in my post there are dots in front of them.
Maybe whatever you are using to view with, is not picking them up.
I should have put tags around the code.

--
Desert Piranha

Desert Piranha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28934
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=497233

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ikr

"Desert Piranha"
<Desert.Piranha.20z94a_1136154901.8541@excelforu m-nospam.com wrote in
message news:Desert.Piranha.20z94a_1136154901.8541@excelfo rum-nospam.com...

barry24uk Wrote:
[...]

I'm using Outlook Express

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
barry24uk

Sorry. I should have told you that the cell I want to flash between the 2
colours already contains an IF formula
=IF(S28<=0," ",IF(N28=P9," ",IF(N28<P9,"Replace Your Clone")))
There is also a Conditional format linked to the cell as well.