Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max-SR

Default change range of cells to another currency

I have a table in another currency that I want to convert to USD. Rather
than converting each single cell I want to select the range of cells and get
a new range of cells with the new values. Appreciate your help!

Max.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gary''s Student

1. select the table
2. pull-down: Edit Copy
3. select the destination range
4. pull-down Edit Paste
5. put the currency conversion factor in an un-used cell and copy this cell
6. select the destination range and pull-down Edit Paste Special with the
multiply button checked.

--
Gary's Student

"Max-SR" wrote:

I have a table in another currency that I want to convert to USD. Rather
than converting each single cell I want to select the range of cells and get
a new range of cells with the new values. Appreciate your help!

Max.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Chip Pearson

Presumably you'll need to multiply the existing values by some
number to get the amount in the new currency. Enter in some blank
cell the value by which you are to multiply and copy that cell.
Then, select the table of numbers to change. Go to the Edit menu,
choose Paste Special, and choose the Multiply option.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Max-SR" wrote in message

I have a table in another currency that I want to convert to
USD. Rather
than converting each single cell I want to select the range of
cells and get
a new range of cells with the new values. Appreciate your
help!

Max.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max-SR

Thanks very much for your advice; it worked! I just could not find an
answer anywhere in Excel Help files! Fortunately there are human beings that
understand plain language and give an answer in plain language :-) Thanks
and Happy New Year for later!

Max.