Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bharat Saboo

Default use of vlookup in case of multiple column check

Hi

I would like to do the following :

In sheet 2
A1 = "SE"
B1 = "1"

In sheet 1 I need to check if the same exists as a combination. In sheet 1
also the data is stored separately like
A1 = "SE"
B1 = "1"

Kindly let me know how to go about it using the vlookup function.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

If you are only trying to match A1 and B1 on sheets 1 and 2....try this:

Using Sheet2:
A1: SE
B1: 1
C1: =AND(A1=Sheet1!A1,B1=Sheet1!B1)

If the upper/lower case matters:
C1: =AND(EXACT(A1,Sheet1!A1),B1=Sheet1!B1)

If you need something else, please post back and give us some additional
data examples.

Does that help?

Regards,
Ron