Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jlexky

Default TIME function

I am trying to create a spreadsheet with calculations for the various
times zones based on GMT. I use the function TIME(H,M,S). For
example, to caculate a time in the US EST zone, I entered the formula
E24-TIME(5,0,0), where E24 is 12:00 AM, representing UK time (GMT 0).
The result comes out -5:00 AM. The correct result would be 5:00 PM.
Oh yes, I am using Excel 2004 on an iBook with Mac OS X. (I get the
correct result using this formula in Excel 2003 for Windows XP,)
Thanks for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson

You sure it shouldn't be 7:00 PM?

maybe something like:

=E24-TIME(5,0,0)+(E24<TIME(5,0,0))
which is shorthand for:
=E24-TIME(5,0,0)+if(E24<TIME(5,0,0),1,0)

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jlexky

Dave,

You're right...7:00 PM! I'll try your recommendation. Thanks for your
help! (I'm managing a project across five time zones and Excel
calculations surely do help!)

Thanks, again.

Jerry