Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jon

Default COUNTtIF

I am trying to count numbers greater than or equal to a specific number
(column heading) and be able to copy down or across.

In a range F52:H73

Criteria- Labeled
C30 is =125
D30 is =150

My formula is
=COUNTIF($F52:$H73,"$C$30")

Any help is always appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Duke Carey

You should be fine if you use

=COUNTIF($F52:$H73,$C$30)

"Jon" wrote:

I am trying to count numbers greater than or equal to a specific number
(column heading) and be able to copy down or across.

In a range F52:H73

Criteria- Labeled
C30 is =125
D30 is =150

My formula is
=COUNTIF($F52:$H73,"$C$30")

Any help is always appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jon

If you take the Quotes out it works. Can you explain why? Mine had "$C$30"
yours does not.

"Duke Carey" wrote:

You should be fine if you use

=COUNTIF($F52:$H73,$C$30)

"Jon" wrote:

I am trying to count numbers greater than or equal to a specific number
(column heading) and be able to copy down or across.

In a range F52:H73

Criteria- Labeled
C30 is =125
D30 is =150

My formula is
=COUNTIF($F52:$H73,"$C$30")

Any help is always appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Duke Carey

Because with the quotes you were telling Excel to count the cells that
contained "$C$30". By removing the quotes the formula uses the contents of
cell C30's for evaluation

"Jon" wrote:

If you take the Quotes out it works. Can you explain why? Mine had "$C$30"
yours does not.

"Duke Carey" wrote:

You should be fine if you use

=COUNTIF($F52:$H73,$C$30)

"Jon" wrote:

I am trying to count numbers greater than or equal to a specific number
(column heading) and be able to copy down or across.

In a range F52:H73

Criteria- Labeled
C30 is =125
D30 is =150

My formula is
=COUNTIF($F52:$H73,"$C$30")

Any help is always appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jon

Thanks again!

"Jon" wrote:

If you take the Quotes out it works. Can you explain why? Mine had "$C$30"
yours does not.

"Duke Carey" wrote:

You should be fine if you use

=COUNTIF($F52:$H73,$C$30)