Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bharat Saboo

Default how to check if date falls within range

I have a start date and end date
I need to check if the month and year fall within the range

Start Date & End Date are in sheet 1
Date to check is in sheet 2

Depending on the above condition, if true, I need to sum

Kindly suggest ways as I am at a loss to understand how to do it.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Hi!

Start Date & End Date are in sheet 1

A1 = start date
B1 = end date

Date to check is in sheet 2

A1:A100

Depending on the above condition, if true, I need to sum (Sheet2?)

B1:B100

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet2!A1:A100=A1),--(Sheet2!A1:A100<=B1),Sheet2!B1:B100)

Assumes the formula is entered on sheet1.

Biff

"Bharat Saboo" wrote in message
I have a start date and end date
I need to check if the month and year fall within the range

Start Date & End Date are in sheet 1
Date to check is in sheet 2

Depending on the above condition, if true, I need to sum

Kindly suggest ways as I am at a loss to understand how to do it.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bharat Saboo

Thanks for the reply Biff.

But you see, the start dates & the end dates are in a range in sheet1.
A1:A100 - Start Dates
B1:B100 - End Dates

In sheet 2, there is one date which I need to check if it falls within that
date.
C1

If the condition is true then I need to sum a range in sheet 1.

Kindly note that I just need to check if month & year of C1 falls within the
month and year of A1:A100 and B1:B100

Thanks

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

Start Date & End Date are in sheet 1

A1 = start date
B1 = end date

Date to check is in sheet 2

A1:A100

Depending on the above condition, if true, I need to sum (Sheet2?)

B1:B100

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet2!A1:A100=A1),--(Sheet2!A1:A100<=B1),Sheet2!B1:B100)

Assumes the formula is entered on sheet1.

Biff

"Bharat Saboo" wrote in message
I have a start date and end date
I need to check if the month and year fall within the range

Start Date & End Date are in sheet 1
Date to check is in sheet 2

Depending on the above condition, if true, I need to sum

Kindly suggest ways as I am at a loss to understand how to do it.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet1!A1:A100=Sheet2!C1),--(Sheet1!B1:B100<=Sheet2!C1),Shee
t1!C1:C100)

--

HTH

RP

"Bharat Saboo" wrote in message
Thanks for the reply Biff.

But you see, the start dates & the end dates are in a range in sheet1.
A1:A100 - Start Dates
B1:B100 - End Dates

In sheet 2, there is one date which I need to check if it falls within

that
date.
C1

If the condition is true then I need to sum a range in sheet 1.

Kindly note that I just need to check if month & year of C1 falls within

the
month and year of A1:A100 and B1:B100

Thanks

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

Start Date & End Date are in sheet 1

A1 = start date
B1 = end date

Date to check is in sheet 2

A1:A100

Depending on the above condition, if true, I need to sum (Sheet2?)

B1:B100

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet2!A1:A100=A1),--(Sheet2!A1:A100<=B1),Sheet2!B1:B100)

Assumes the formula is entered on sheet1.

Biff

"Bharat Saboo" wrote in message
I have a start date and end date
I need to check if the month and year fall within the range

Start Date & End Date are in sheet 1
Date to check is in sheet 2