Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JJT

Default too many characters in formula

I have prepared a 10 year budget where I ran out of the ability to go beyond
just over 4 years because there are too many characters in the formula. The
worksheet goes like this. I am opening multiple retail outlets and the main
sheet pulls from a one store model worksheet. The one store model goes out
10 years. The main sheet will populate a stores expense based on where it
ias in the business cycle for example, if I open 1 store in month 2 it will
pickup the first month in the one store model and each month that passes will
automatically go to the next month in the one store model so it tracks that
one store. The primary sheet allows you to enter scenarios of store
openings. In addition say in month 6 it will if I open 1 store in will use
month 1 expenses etc for that opening and the previous months openings will
be in month 2. This is difficult to explain but I can email the budget for
ease of underdtanding. I posted this question just before Christmas but I
can't find the question to see if someone has replied for my cry for help.