Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jim

Default =if or not?

Hello,

Immediately below is a report I need to export into another report. Sheet
1: Column A shows the date, Column B shows the time frame, you can ignore
column C, Column D shows the number of calls that came in during Column Bs
timeframe and Column E shows the number of abandoned calls.

Sheet 1
A B C D
Date Time Collated Time Answered Calls Abandoned Calls
8/29/2004 7:00:00 1800 0 0
8/29/2004 7:30:00 1800 0 0
8/29/2004 8:00:00 1800 2 0
8/29/2004 8:30:00 1800 2 0
8/29/2004 9:00:00 1800 9 0
8/29/2004 9:30:00 1800 5 0
8/29/2004 10:00:00 1800 4 0
8/29/2004 10:30:00 1800 9 1
8/29/2004 11:00:00 1800 5 1
8/29/2004 11:30:00 1800 7 0

What I need to do is bring the data from sheet 1 into sheet 2. For example
if the Sheet 1 column B matches Sheet 2 column B then the date will be
brought over to column A, Answered calls will be brought over for column c,
etc€¦

Now an =if may work but keep in mind that the data from sheet 1 will not
always be in the same cell. The location of the data on sheet 1 does vary
from day to day.

Sheet 2
A B C D
Date Time Answered Calls Abandoned Calls Offered Calls
7:00:00
7:30:00
8:00:00
8:30:00
9:00:00
9:30:00
10:00:00
10:30:00
11:00:00
11:30:00

Thanks for the help!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bpeltzer

You can use a combination of MATCH and INDEX to get the corresponding data
from sheet1.
Ex: in Sheet2!A2: =index(Sheet1!A:A, match($B2,Sheet1!$B:$B,false)).
That effectively finds the row number in sheet1 with the matching time, then
returns the corresponding entry from column A in sheet1. You could copy this
formula into other rows/columns of your table, but in C2, D2 and E2, you'll
need to adjust the first column reference (Sheet1!A:A) to pick up the
appropriate column.

"Jim" wrote:

Hello,

Immediately below is a report I need to export into another report. Sheet
1: Column A shows the date, Column B shows the time frame, you can ignore
column C, Column D shows the number of calls that came in during Column Bs
timeframe and Column E shows the number of abandoned calls.

Sheet 1
A B C D
Date Time Collated Time Answered Calls Abandoned Calls
[...]

Date Time Answered Calls Abandoned Calls Offered Calls