Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jon

Default IFMAX Formula

Hello all,

I am working on a spreadsheet for a youth travelers league. I have 3 rows of
averages that are from an aray formula. I would like to run an IFMAX formula
to state which Game is better Game 1, Game 2, or Game 3 into one column. I
figured out how to complete into 3 colums but I don't care for that much.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
EX:
My formula
=IF((MAX(A2:C2)=A2),"Game 1","" Same for colums E and F Replacing Game 1
with Game 2 etc, etc.

Game 1 Game 2 Game 3 Best Best Best
134.88 150.1 121.4 Game 2
177.18 174.5 177.6 Game 3
147.44 138.89 152.00 Game 3
170.67 152.17 143.17 Game 1
150.89 141.56 142.22 Game 1
157.64 155.18 150.64 Game 1
157.50 107.00 150.00 Game 1
167.36 163.36 169.36 Game 3
126.40 123.40 134.00 Game 3
166.55 177.91 162.73 Game 2
154.71 144.29 175.00 Game 3
170.80 171.70 172.60 Game 3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Krishnakumar

Hi Jon,

Try,

In D2 and copy across and down,

=INDEX($A$1:$C$1,MATCH(LARGE($A2:$C2,COLUMN(A1)),$ A2:$C2,0))

where A1:C1 houses Game 1, Game 2 and Game 3.

HTH

--
Krishnakumar

Krishnakumar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20138