Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default MATCHing through multiple worksheets

I know there is a way to get a sum of the all the values in, say, D4,
in all the worksheets of a workbook (=SUM('Jan:Dec'!D4)). I want to
apply this principle to the MATCH function.

I am trying to set up a match function to search through a specific
range ($H$4:$H$84) in 12 worksheets (1 worksheet for each month). The
formula I am using is =MATCH(F4,'Jan:Dec'!$H$4:$H$84,) but it does not
work. Is there any way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Domenic

Try...

=MATCH(TRUE,COUNTIF(INDIRECT(TEXT(DATE(2005,ROW(IN DIRECT("1:12")),1),"mmm
")&"!H4:H84"),F4)0,0)

....confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER, not just ENTER.

Hope this helps!