Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Elijah80

Default Linked Names in a Formula

I wish to enter a Range in a Worksheet that has a Name on another
Sheet.

I can do this by typing the Name in the appropriate formula but can I
do it by selecting and pasting in the Insert Function Wizard?

For example, if the Function is VLOOKUP I can call up the Function
Wizard in the Dependent Sheet and enter the required Reference in that
Sheet in the first box in the Wizard. I can then enter the beginning of
the Linked Reference in the Independent Sheet in the next box by
selecting the Independent Workbookt and then the Tab of thr Sheet in
that Workbook that contains the Range I wish to Link to in the
Function. This automatically produces the first part of the External
Referene in the correct format. The last bit of this External Reference
is the Name of the Range in the Indepensent Workbook that is required in
my Formula. When I try to paste this name from my list in the Indpendent
Workbook it always throws me back to the list of names in the dependent
Wirkbook. I can type the name of the Range I want into the Wizard and it
works fine. Is there a way of pasting the Range in the Independent
Worksheet in the Wizard without typing it in, snd so svoiding mistakes
in the entryhttp://www.excelforum.com/images/editor/menupop.gif?

Elijah80

--
Elijah80