Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mr. App

Default special row in excel

Hi,

I need a special excel sheet that each row has several controls in it, for
example -
Column A is a dropdown which each item has text and value.
Column B,C,D are simple text boxes which require some text as data.
Column E is also a dropdown same as column A.
The question is - first, how do I create such a dropdown ( I mean, with text
and value). And second - how do I set such a row to be somethink like a
"Known Row" so I will be able to add such row to the sheet as many times as
I want.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR

In some Databases I design, I keep a "special row" at the top of my sheet,
in Row 1, give it a rangename, and copy it below whenever, wherever I
want.....I set the height of the row at .1 so it will not
show.......dropdowns can be created using the Data Validation List
options.....

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"mr. App" wrote in message

I need a special excel sheet that each row has several controls in it, for
example -
Column A is a dropdown which each item has text and value.
Column B,C,D are simple text boxes which require some text as data.
Column E is also a dropdown same as column A.
The question is - first, how do I create such a dropdown ( I mean, with

text
and value). And second - how do I set such a row to be somethink like a
"Known Row" so I will be able to add such row to the sheet as many times

as
I want.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mr. App

CLR, can you please shed some light on the special row issue? how do you
give it a rangename? how do you copy it to other places?

Thanks!

"mr. App" wrote in message

I need a special excel sheet that each row has several controls in it,
for
example -
Column A is a dropdown which each item has text and value.
Column B,C,D are simple text boxes which require some text as data.
Column E is also a dropdown same as column A.
The question is - first, how do I create such a dropdown ( I mean, with

text
and value). And second - how do I set such a row to be somethink like a
"Known Row" so I will be able to add such row to the sheet as many times

as
I want.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR

Highlight the cells of the row you wish to duplicate, then INsert Name
Define, and type a name in the small window....I used RowFormat as the name
of my range for the macro below.....
Then I set the RowHeight of that row to .1 so it doesn't show.....
Then I have a Freeze line above row 8 so I can keep titles and macro buttons
there to be seen all the time.
Then, whenever I want to enter a new row at the bottom of my database, I run
this macro, and it inserts the special row in the next available row below
my data and takes the screen there for data entry....

Sub RowFormat()
Application.Goto Reference:="RowFormat"
Selection.Copy
Application.Goto Reference:="R8C1"
Selection.End(xlDown).Offset(1, 0).Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
End Sub

......or, to put it someplace else, you can do F5 RowFormat Edit Copy
then select the cell in column A where you wish to insert the special row,
and do Edit Paste......

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3