-   -   unique sorting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/6184-unique-sorting.html)

Bob R.

unique sorting

Hi,

I have a large amount of data broken up into different columns on
excel. Under my companies listings I have several listed dozens of
times and some listed only once. Is there away I can sort the
companies so I only get one mention of each company? I'm aware this
can be done in access and dbase. Can it be done in Excel?

Thanks,
Bob

Debra Dalgleish

You can use an Advanced Filter to show the unique items in place, or in
a new list. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and he

http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List