Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John Jost

Default Data Validation Function Help

I am working on a cell validation formula (Data, Validation) where I provide
a list from a specified range. My list will have 10 choices. The form will
have three separate validation cells from which they will select their first,
second and third choices. As all three cells will show choices A-J, I want
to make sure they do no select the same option multiple times.

Can my lists that contain the same range, only contain the unselected values
from the other list boxes? For Example box one the user selects €œA€, box two
should show options B-J. Option Box two, the user selects €œB€, then box
three should not show €œA€ or €œB€.

Can this be done?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

Would your situation be more easily handled by Option buttons (like in a
survey)?

Check out Dave Peterson's code on this website (it builds the form for you):
http://www.contextures.com/xlform01.html

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"John Jost" wrote:

I am working on a cell validation formula (Data, Validation) where I provide
a list from a specified range. My list will have 10 choices. The form will
have three separate validation cells from which they will select their first,
second and third choices. As all three cells will show choices A-J, I want
to make sure they do no select the same option multiple times.

Can my lists that contain the same range, only contain the unselected values
from the other list boxes? For Example box one the user selects €œA€, box two
should show options B-J. Option Box two, the user selects €œB€, then box
three should not show €œA€ or €œB€.

Can this be done?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John Jost

Criminately! Who do I send my contribution to? This is way to cool and does
EXACTLY what I need. Thanks SO much for your help and QUICK response

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

See

In article ,
John Jost wrote:

I am working on a cell validation formula (Data, Validation) where I provide
a list from a specified range. My list will have 10 choices. The form will
have three separate validation cells from which they will select their first,
second and third choices. As all three cells will show choices A-J, I want
to make sure they do no select the same option multiple times.

Can my lists that contain the same range, only contain the unselected values
from the other list boxes? For Example box one the user selects รข‚ฌล“Aรข‚ฌย, box two
should show options B-J. Option Box two, the user selects รข‚ฌล“Bรข‚ฌย, then box
three should not show รข‚ฌล“Aรข‚ฌย or รข‚ฌล“Bรข‚ฌย.

Can this be done?