Glennyboy

Default Help Pleasssssse

If I have a columb with names and a columb with ages which function do I
use to produce a list of names with a certain age. I dont want to use
filters

--
Glennyboy
Glennyboy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16275

Frank Kabel

Hi
why don't you want to use a filter? All other solution would require
more or less complex (and slow) array formulas?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Glennyboy" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...

If I have a columb with names and a columb with ages which function

do I
use to produce a list of names with a certain age. I dont want to use
filters

--
Glennyboy

---
Glennyboy's Profile:

View this thread:

Domenic

Assuming that Column A contains the name, Column B contains the age, and
that your data starts on the second row...

Enter the following array formula using CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER in D2 and
copy down:

=IF(ROW()-ROW($D$2)+1<=COUNTIF($B$2:$B$10,$C$2),INDEX(A:A,SM ALL(IF($B$2:$B$10=$C$2,ROW($B$2:$B$10)),ROW()-ROW($D$2)+1)),"")

...where C2 contains the age of interest.

Hope this helps!

Domenic's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10785
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=277135