Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
the man with the plan

Default group same

We track person hours by using 1 of 500 task numbers, on a daily basis. I
have created a workbook that gathers the hours, and a list of 500 tasks that
the hours automatically go to when entered. eg "Joe" has 9hrs on task 5 on
monday, 7hrs task 321 and 2hrs on task 5 on tuesday... We have about 25
people and long story short, I am looking for a formula or method that will
search this worksheet that has all this info for a week, and create a list of
only the tasks that have been used for that day. Like I said, it already
figures out by day and auto puts the hours in the right day on the right
task, but I have to search through 500 lines to see where the hours are being
used. I think there must be some way to have excel search the sheet and
compile only used lines into another worksheet, I just havent figured it out
yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR

If you have one column that either has hours in it or not, then the Data
Filter AutoFilter feature configured for "non-blanks" in that column should

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3