Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
zmr325

Default How do I get rid of formulas?

Hello,

I am new to excel and I am trying to learn how to hide formulas once I have
the data entered into a cell. Here is my question if for instance lets say
that in column c i have data entered from 2 to 100 and then say something
changes and I have to add or subtract 10 from each of those cells. Before
what I was doing in a blank column off to the side I would simply use this
=c2+10 and then copy down to the end and then cut and paste those results in
the original column. I don't mind doing that if when i cut and paste the
fomulas aren't pasted with the number. I just want the cell to be a number
by itself. THank you and I hope this makes sense.

zmr325

p.s. does anybody have easy formulas for a weighted moving average and an
exponential moving average.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Arvi Laanemets

Hi

To convert formulas to values, select the range, copy it, and do
PasteSpecialValues to same range.

But for described task, you don't need any formulas at all. Enter 10 into
any free cell, and copy it. Select the range with values, and then do
PasteSpecialSubtract : 10 is subtracted from all values in selected range.
(likely, you can add a constant, or multiply/divide with constant -
PasteSpecialAdd/Multiple/Divide respectively)

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvil<attarkon.ee )