Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bob

Default Auto Filter Subtotals

I have five columns of data. Columns 1 and 2 are populated with names,
columns 3 through 5 with numbers. I would like to automatically create
subtotals in column in columns 3 through 5 for each combination of names that
appear on the same row in columns A and B.

Example:

Allen Barringer 4 16 30
Boldin Howard 6 8 4
Sievers Marks 7 10 54
Allen Marks 4 55 12
Howard Billens 44 5 66
Boldin Marks 33 55 1
Sievers Marks 5 12 40
Sievers Marks 0 22 33
Howard Billens 1 18 22

I would like to subtotal columns 3-5 each time Sievers and Marks appear on
the same row in columns A and B, respectively.

Thanks for your help,
Bob
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson

How about putting another column in your data:

=a2&","b2"
and drag down.

Then sort by this column and apply Data|subtotals using that column as the key.

--

Dave Peterson