Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gary D.

Default getting value 1 column to right of cell selected in pulldown

I have a chart that has in the one column (N) a list of sheet metal gage
numbers and in the previous column (M) the gage number represented in numeric
form. The user will select the desired gage size via a drop down menu that
references the values in column N.

I would like to have a cell display the numeric size of the gage number
selected.

The value I want to display is in the same row and 1 column to the left of
the cell selected with the drop down.

Is there a way to display this value automatically based on value selected
in drop down?

excel 2002, sp3

Thanks,
Gary

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bpeltzer

=index(m:m,match(drop_down_cell,n:n,false))
The match function figures out which cell in the range n:n matches the
selection, and index uses that result as in index into the range m:m.
HTH. --Bruce