Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel won't update/calculate a single cell in a workbook

I have an excel workbook that recently simply stopped calculating the
following formula at cell x14:

=IF(TODAY()EOMONTH(X12,0),EOMONTH(X12,0),IF(MIN(I 8:I10)=X12,MIN(I8:I10),"-"))

Note that:

(a) The analysis toolpak add-in is enabled

(b) Automatic calculation is enabled. All other cells seem to update
just fine

(c) This occurs at the end of a macro execution that opens other files
and copies data into the workbook in question. Although this macro
switches off automatic calculation at the beginning of execution, it
switches it on again at the end and ends with a 'calculate' statement
anyway.

(d) I tried to add a specific Range("x14").Calculate statement in the
macro to no avail, I even preceded it with a Doevents statement for
good measure. Didn't work.

(e) Rampant pressing of F9 doesn't work; cell won't update

(f) The only way that works to get it to calculate is to go into the
cell and place a carriage return into the formula editing bar.

Anybody has any ideas as to what might be going on? Your help will be
extremely appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR

Try isolation...........
Put the formula in a different cell and put a different formula in the X14
to try to separate if the problem is the cell or the formula..........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I tried the following and seems to work
cell y12: =TODAY()
cell y13: =EOMONTH(X12,0)

so therefore I now refer to these cells instead

cell x14: =IF(y12()y13,y13,IF(MIN(I8:I10)=X12,MIN(I8:I10), "*-"))

But I still dont know why taking these functions into their own cells
works, or why what I originally had stopped calculating in the first
place. I would very much like to hear ideas about this.