Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Octavee Uhl

Default Depriciation Matrix

Hello,

I want to add all the assets of a company up and use the purchase date to
calculate the depriciation. So far there is no problem. But if I have in one
column the Date, the value and the length of use etc. how do I get in one
column the value for December 2004 and in the next the value for 2005 etc?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Octavee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Nigel Drinkwater

Hi,

That depends on what kind of depreciation method you are using, straight
line, reducing balance? and over what period.

Essentially you need to use the period (3yrs,5yrs, etc.) to determine the
annual depreciation and then in the first year divide the year end date minus
the purchase date by 365 and then times this by the annual depreciation to
calculate a pro-rate.

With a bit more info from you I can be more specific.

Rgeards

Nigel