Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Robert Day

Default "Cumulative" column based on a pivot table sum column?

I'm trying to create a rollup column based on a pivot table data column. The
GETPIVOTDATA function includes static field and index ("item") references,
and so can't be copied (the copies reference the original pivot field/item
pair). Is there a better way to create a cumulative column than building it
cell-by-cell? I'm using Excel 2003. Thanks -
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

You can turn off the GETPIVOTDATA function, but for a quick fix...
don't point to the cell reference.
Instead, type in the reference to the pivot table.

For example, if the Pivot Table row totals are in Cells C2:c20, then
D20:=SUM($C$20:C20)

copy that formula down as far as you need.

Note: To disable the GETPIVOTDATA function...see Debra Dalgleish's site:

Does that help?

Regards,
Ron