Old November 9th 04, 11:08 PM
Scott

Default How to verify that 3 cells are equal

This has got to be an easy one but I can't figure it out. Can someone tell me
how to verify if three cells are equal.

Example:
A1= 2
A2= 2
A3= 2

I can verify that two cells are equal by merely typing =A1=A2 and Excel will
return "True" or "False." If I input the formula =A1=A2=A3, Excel returns
"False" even if all three values are equal. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.
-Scott

Old November 9th 04, 11:16 PM
Frank Kabel

Hi
try
=AND(A1=A2,A2=A3)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Old November 9th 04, 11:21 PM
Bart Snel

Try this one:

=IF(A1=A2;IF(A2=A3;TRUE;FALSE);FALSE)

Bart Snel

"Scott" schreef in bericht

Old November 10th 04, 12:38 AM
Dana DeLouis

Just another idea...

=VAR(A1:A3)=0
or
=DEVSQ(A1:A3)=0

HTH
--
Dana DeLouis
Win XP & Office 2003

Old November 10th 04, 12:47 AM
Dana DeLouis

Oops. Forgot to mention another option:
=VARA(A1:A3)=0

This will return False if one of your numbers happens to be text.

--
Dana DeLouis
Win XP & Office 2003

"Dana DeLouis" wrote in message
Just another idea...

=VAR(A1:A3)=0
or
=DEVSQ(A1:A3)=0

HTH
--
Dana DeLouis
Win XP & Office 2003

Old January 30th 20, 02:41 PM
Junior Member

Default Try This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
This has got to be an easy one but I can't figure it out. Can someone tell me
how to verify if three cells are equal.

Example:
A1= 2
A2= 2
A3= 2

I can verify that two cells are equal by merely typing =A1=A2 and Excel will
return "True" or "False." If I input the formula =A1=A2=A3, Excel returns
"False" even if all three values are equal. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.
-Scott
TRY THIS....

=AND(AND(A1=A1,A2=A1,A3=A1),AND(A1=A2,A2=A2,A3=A2) ,AND(A1=A3,A2=A3,A3=A3))

subscribe my channel NSINTELLECT on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxl...u4fuqVgK_j5Yiw