Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JaB

Default Matching problem

Hi there

I am currently using an Index/Match formula to match and transfer data
between two tables
{=INDEX(UPRNmatch.xls!Gaz,MATCH(O10047,UPRNmatch.x ls!Match,0),1)}.
This has worked fine, until I added new data to the lookup table which I
copied and pasted from access. For some reason, the same formula that worked
earlier will not match the new data. However, if I type over the data, all
of a sudden everything matches.
Ive checked that the formats are the same, and they are so Im confused as to
why this is happening.
Any ideas?

Cheers
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Debra Dalgleish

Number in Access may have been pasted as text in Excel. To fix the data,
you can use one of the techniques shown he

http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry03.html

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List