Carole O

Default Protected Cell Link

Excel 2003
I have a form that uses drop down boxes with a cell link to a column outside
the form(same spreadsheet). When I protect the cell link column, I cannot
select the drop down box (says it is protected - I can see what to select,
just cannot select it). I've designed forms like this before, but haven't
run up against this. Any ideas?

Carole O
Dave Peterson

Unlock that linked cell--format|cells|protection tab

Or move it to another location (hidden worksheet or hidden column/row on the
same worksheet??)

--

Dave Peterson
Carole O

Sorry, Dave -

I should have added that I did that, and the tab then goes outside the form
to the unlocked column. Guess I'll put it in another worksheet, even though
I have designed forms with hidden/protected columns on the same worksheet and
don't get this problem.

Any more ideas?

Carole O

Carole O wrote:

Excel 2003
I have a form that uses drop down boxes with a cell link to a column outside
the form(same spreadsheet). When I protect the cell link column, I cannot
select the drop down box (says it is protected - I can see what to select,
just cannot select it). I've designed forms like this before, but haven't
run up against this. Any ideas?

Carole O

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Hmmmm.

When I hide rows/columns and leave cells unlocked on a protected worksheet, xl
won't stop on them.

(I think that's the way it worked in xl97, xl2k, xl2002 (just tested xl2002).)