Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Felicia Pickett

Default How do I combine If and VLookup function?

I have a vendor name in Sheet 1, Cell A1 and a corresponding Vendor Number
in Sheet 1, cell C1. On Sheet 2, I have a Vendor name in cell A1 and
corresponding Vendor number in a cell C1 and the name I would like to use in
cell B1.

How do I get the B1 information from Sheet 2 to Sheet 1 by matching the
information on both?
Sheet 1
A1 = Accuflow
C1 = 15010427

Sheet 2
A1 = Accuflow
B1 = Accu
C1 = 15010427
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Niek Otten

There are many ways to that, but what I find easiest:

Insert a new column in Sheet2, in which you concatenate Columns A and C:

=A1&C1, Copy down

And in Sheet1, concatenate A1 and C1: =A1&C1 (let's say in cell D1)

Now you can use cell D1 in Sheet1 to do a VLOOKUP in Sheet2

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Felicia Pickett" wrote in