Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jmd

Default How do I separate worksheets in a workbook into individual files?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

Try this:

Right click on the sheet tab
Select: Move or Copy
Then follow the prompts. You can either create a copy of the sheet or
actually move the sheet to a new workbook.

Does that help?

Regards,
Ron

--
Ron Coderre
Ron Coderre's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21419

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

jmd

You could follow Ron's advice and do it manually or use a macro.

Sub Make_New_Books()
Dim w As Worksheet
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
For Each w In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
w.Copy
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs FileName:=ThisWorkbook.Path & "\" & w.Name
ActiveWorkbook.Close
Next w
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

If not familiar with VBA and macros, see David McRitchie's site for more on
"getting started".

In the meantime..........

To create a General Module, hit ALT + F11 to open the Visual Basic Editor.

Hit CRTL + R to open Project Explorer.

Find your workbook/project and select it.

Right-click and InsertModule. Paste the above code in there. Save the
workbook and hit ALT + Q to return to your workbook.

Run the macro by going to ToolMacroMacros.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron de Bruin

And another

This one test for hidden sheets and create a folder for you
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy6.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl