Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
sony654

Default If Statement and two metrics

cell A6 is a ratio, and favorable if less than (<) 2.5
cell C6 is the sum of individual ratings

Please help if you can fill in the blanks... How do I write this function??

I want to be able to trigger a calculation if two favorable conditions are
met. If one condition is met, AND a second condition is also met. How do I
write the condition As below is wrong:

=if(a6<2.5andc674,(c10+(c10*.10),0))

if both conditions are met, return c10+(c10*.10), if condition not met
return 0.

How do I write condition

--
Sony Luvy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Vito

You were on the right track :)

=if(and(a6<2.5,c674),(c10+(c10*.10),0))

if the 74 is a result of a sum of numbers, use the sum function,
=Sum(value1,value2,etc) or =Sum(cell_ref1:cell_ref2)

--
Vito
Vito's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29182

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bj

try
=if(and(a6<2.5,C674),C10*1.1,0)

"sony654" wrote:

cell A6 is a ratio, and favorable if less than (<) 2.5
cell C6 is the sum of individual ratings

Please help if you can fill in the blanks... How do I write this function??

I want to be able to trigger a calculation if two favorable conditions are
met. If one condition is met, AND a second condition is also met. How do I
write the condition As below is wrong:

=if(a6<2.5andc674,(c10+(c10*.10),0))

if both conditions are met, return c10+(c10*.10), if condition not met
return 0.

How do I write condition

--
Sony Luvy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RagDyer

Try this:

=AND(A6<2.5,C674)*(C10*1.1)

--
HTH,

RD

"sony654" wrote in message
cell A6 is a ratio, and favorable if less than (<) 2.5
cell C6 is the sum of individual ratings

Please help if you can fill in the blanks... How do I write this

function??

I want to be able to trigger a calculation if two favorable conditions are
met. If one condition is met, AND a second condition is also met. How do I
write the condition As below is wrong:

=if(a6<2.5andc674,(c10+(c10*.10),0))

if both conditions are met, return c10+(c10*.10), if condition not met
return 0.

How do I write condition

--
Sony Luvy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tim C

One way:

=(A6<2.5)*(C674)*C10*1.1

Tim C

"sony654" wrote in message
cell A6 is a ratio, and favorable if less than (<) 2.5
cell C6 is the sum of individual ratings

Please help if you can fill in the blanks... How do I write this
function??

I want to be able to trigger a calculation if two favorable conditions are
met. If one condition is met, AND a second condition is also met. How do I
write the condition As below is wrong:

=if(a6<2.5andc674,(c10+(c10*.10),0))

if both conditions are met, return c10+(c10*.10), if condition not met
return 0.

How do I write condition

--
Sony Luvy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
sony654

bj - thanks alot this was right on the mark. My appreciation.
--
Sony Luvy

"bj" wrote:

try