Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Arturo

Default Text Extract

Cell W3= Smith, Joseph
=LEFT(W3,FIND(" ",W3)-1) gives me the left text including ,.
=RIGHT(W3,LEN(W3)-FIND(" ",W3,1)) gives me the last word in the string.
The end result Im trying to get is Smith, J
Looking for a way to pull the first letter after the comma and concatenate
that into the left formula
Direction appreciated.
Arturo