EddieZ

Default Adding cells with numbers and text

I have a series of cells with mileage such as "1.02 mi".
I'd like to add the mileages without having to delete
the "mi". Is that possible?

Thank You!

EZ
tjtjjtjt

This seems to do what you are asking, provided there is a space between the
end of the number and the beginning of the text.
=SUM(LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1,1)))

tj