Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Trying To Excel

Default Exportin to xl

I would loke to export a report from quickbooks to excel. Can someone walk me
through
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ScottO

I have the current version of Quickbooks Pro.
When I view a report on screen, one of the available buttons at the
top of the report window is labelled "Export...".
If I hit the export button, one of the export options is to export as
"a new Excel workbook".
Is your version different?
Rgds,
ScottO

"Trying To Excel" wrote in
message ...
| I would loke to export a report from quickbooks to excel. Can
someone walk me
| through

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Trying To Excel

Hi Scotto
I Have a similar version and there is button to export to excel. One of
the options is to export it to an existing file, I would like to have that
file already created so that the columns and rows are set to accept the data.
Otherwise each time a report is exported I would have to adjust each time.

"ScottO" wrote:

I have the current version of Quickbooks Pro.
When I view a report on screen, one of the available buttons at the
top of the report window is labelled "Export...".
If I hit the export button, one of the export options is to export as
"a new Excel workbook".
Is your version different?
Rgds,
ScottO

"Trying To Excel" wrote in
message ...
| I would loke to export a report from quickbooks to excel. Can
someone walk me
| through

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Trying To Excel

Hi Scotto
It occured to me that I could create a Macro to design the spreadsheet
and use it each time.
"ScottO" wrote:

I have the current version of Quickbooks Pro.
When I view a report on screen, one of the available buttons at the
top of the report window is labelled "Export...".
If I hit the export button, one of the export options is to export as
"a new Excel workbook".
Is your version different?
Rgds,
ScottO

"Trying To Excel" wrote in
message ...
| I would loke to export a report from quickbooks to excel. Can
someone walk me
| through

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ScottO

I see your problem ... each time you export, the rows and columns can
be different depending on the report choices you make.
If you want the report to export to a known spreadsheet format,
you'll need to be very disciplined about how you go about it - e.g. I
suggest that you set the Column specs to Month so as to create room
for future months and to ensure that the YTD column is in a known
position. If you add to your chart of accounts, or use a previously
unused account, then row positions will change, so you probably need
to think about you account structures before you get too far along.
I hope this helps.
Rgds,
ScottO

"Trying To Excel" wrote in
message ...
| Hi Scotto
| I Have a similar version and there is button to export to
excel. One of
| the options is to export it to an existing file, I would like to
have that
| file already created so that the columns and rows are set to accept
the data.
| Otherwise each time a report is exported I would have to adjust
each time.

| "ScottO" wrote:
|
| I have the current version of Quickbooks Pro.
| When I view a report on screen, one of the available buttons at
the
| top of the report window is labelled "Export...".
| If I hit the export button, one of the export options is to
export as
| "a new Excel workbook".
| Is your version different?
| Rgds,