Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RD Wirr

Default Merge pages of data

I have two pages with tables of data with column headings of dates I need to
merge the data from these two pages into a third page in the chronological
order of the date headings and carry along the columns of data below the date
headings. It would be a simple thing to just copy and paste but there is a
lot of back and forth date adjusting necessary so I need to have this third
page update live when I make changes to the dates on the first two pages. I
suppose I can use an HLOOKUP to carry the columns of data under the date
headings but my problem is finding a way to merge and order the date headings
off the two pages. Anyone have an idea how to do this?
Thanks
RD Wirr
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Hi

Can you not just copy page 2 and paste under a copy of page 1, then do a
sort on the combined date using the date column?

Regards

Roger Govier

RD Wirr wrote:
I have two pages with tables of data with column headings of dates I need to
merge the data from these two pages into a third page in the chronological
order of the date headings and carry along the columns of data below the date
headings. It would be a simple thing to just copy and paste but there is a
lot of back and forth date adjusting necessary so I need to have this third
page update live when I make changes to the dates on the first two pages. I
suppose I can use an HLOOKUP to carry the columns of data under the date
headings but my problem is finding a way to merge and order the date headings
off the two pages. Anyone have an idea how to do this?
Thanks
RD Wirr

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RD Wirr

Hi Roger,
My data is arrayed with the date headings in a row at the top of the table
and the data in columns below the date headings and also indexed to
references in theleft most columns. I can copy and paste the data from page
two alongside the data on page one and do a horizontal sort to give me the
intended results but I am looking for a lookup based solution because we have
to juggle the dates a lot to get the desired results and the cut/paste and
resort is too much work and unfortunately prone to error for our scheduling
personel.
Rgds,
RD Wirr