Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Steved

Default 3.10 PM to 24 hour time please ( 1510 )

Hello from Steved

Could I have a formula to acheive the below please.

Below is "Text"
3.10 PM to 1510

Thankyou.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bpeltzer

If it's really text, first convert to a number: copy a blank cell, highlight
your text and Edit Paste Special, select Values and Add, click OK. Then
format it as needed: Edit Format Cells, on the number tab select the time
category and choose the second one down.

"Steved" wrote:

Hello from Steved

Could I have a formula to acheive the below please.

Below is "Text"
3.10 PM to 1510

Thankyou.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JE McGimpsey

One way:

=--SUBSTITUTE(A1,".",":")

Format as hhmm

In article ,
Steved wrote:

Hello from Steved

Could I have a formula to acheive the below please.

Below is "Text"
3.10 PM to 1510

Thankyou.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

Or maybe

=TEXT(SUBSTITUTE(A1,".",":"),"HMM")

"JE McGimpsey" wrote in message
One way:

=--SUBSTITUTE(A1,".",":")

Format as hhmm

In article ,
Steved wrote:

Hello from Steved

Could I have a formula to acheive the below please.

Below is "Text"
3.10 PM to 1510

Thankyou.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Steved

Thankyou

ok Ive now gone from 3.10 PM to 3:10 PM

I now need to convert it to 24 hour clock please in this case 1510

Thankyou.

"Steved" wrote:

Hello from Steved

Could I have a formula to acheive the below please.

Below is "Text"
3.10 PM to 1510

Thankyou.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Niek Otten

Starting from 3:10 PM in A1:

=TEXT(A1,"hhmm")

Or, if you want to use it in calculations,

=VALUE(TEXT(A1,"hhmm"))

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten