Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ms MIS

Default If Statements - Multiple formulae

I have a worksheet with 5 columns (A-E)
I want to create a formula in column E to do the following;

If column A = SJN and column C = SJN
Then output B+D
Else If column A = SJN and column C < SJN
Then output B
Else If column A<SJN and column C = SJN
Then output D

Can anyone help me?
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SteveG

Try this.

=IF(AND(A1="SJN",C1="SJN"),SUM(B1,D1),IF(AND(A1="S JN",C1<"SJN"),B1,IF(AND(A1<"SJN",C1="SJN"),D1,"" )))

Cheers,
Steve

--
SteveG
SteveG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7571

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bruno Campanini

"Ms MIS" wrote in message
I have a worksheet with 5 columns (A-E)
I want to create a formula in column E to do the following;

If column A = SJN and column C = SJN
Then output B+D
Else If column A = SJN and column C < SJN
Then output B
Else If column A<SJN and column C = SJN
Then output D

=IF(AND(A1="SJN",C1="SJN"),B1+D1,
IF(AND(A1="SJN",C1<"SJN"),B1,
IF(AND(A1<"SJN",C1="SJN"),D1,)))

Ciao
Brunio

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Stefi

It's not clear what is SJN, so I supposed it's a string. Type in E1 and fill
down as needed:

=IF(AND(A1="sjn",C4="sjn"),B1&D1,IF(AND(A1="sjn",C 1<"sjn"),B1,IF(AND(A1<"sjn",C1="sjn"),D1,"not thought of")))

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Ms MIS€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

I have a worksheet with 5 columns (A-E)
I want to create a formula in column E to do the following;

If column A = SJN and column C = SJN
Then output B+D
Else If column A = SJN and column C < SJN
Then output B
Else If column A<SJN and column C = SJN
Then output D

Can anyone help me?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

Try this:
For values in Row 2:
E2: =(A2="SJN")*B2+(C2="SJN")*D2

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

"Ms MIS" wrote:

I have a worksheet with 5 columns (A-E)
I want to create a formula in column E to do the following;

If column A = SJN and column C = SJN
Then output B+D
Else If column A = SJN and column C < SJN
Then output B
Else If column A<SJN and column C = SJN
Then output D

Can anyone help me?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kleev

Nothing against the other solutions, but I like this one.

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Try this:
For values in Row 2:
E2: =(A2="SJN")*B2+(C2="SJN")*D2