Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
cjrrussell

Default Changing the colour of a logic expression

Hey guys

I have this logic expression in a spreadsheet

=IF(C19C18,"YES","NO")

What i want to do is if it returns a value of NO make the text red.

Is this possible?

I have seen the conditional formatting, but i think this would only
work with 2 cells with numbers in. So i could apply that to my C19 cell
but not to another cell that is looking at both of those cells.

Hopefully someone can help

Thanks in advance

--
cjrrussell
cjrrussell's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19788

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Surely, you would just test for YES or NO in the CF?

--

HTH

RP

"cjrrussell" wrote
in message ...

Hey guys

I have this logic expression in a spreadsheet

=IF(C19C18,"YES","NO")

What i want to do is if it returns a value of NO make the text red.

Is this possible?

I have seen the conditional formatting, but i think this would only
work with 2 cells with numbers in. So i could apply that to my C19 cell
but not to another cell that is looking at both of those cells.

Hopefully someone can help

Thanks in advance

--
cjrrussell
cjrrussell's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=491828

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
cjrrussell

Thanks for the reply

I was not aware you could do that with conditional formatting.

Do you know how i would go about do that?

--
cjrrussell
cjrrussell's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19788
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=491828

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
cjrrussell

Ahh i have done it

You have to set 2 conditions for the cell

1 says if equal to yes make it this colour

the other says if equal to no make it this colour

Thanks for your help

--
cjrrussell
cjrrussell's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19788