Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Faio

Default Sum different departmnt

Can anyon help me out?

I have 3 columns A B C. In column A are the departments, B-Names and
C -Contributions.

A C
Account $10
Account $20
Warehouse $10
Account $15
Warehouse $20
HR $15
Warehouse $10
HR $20
HR $30

I would like to type a formula to sum all contributions for each Departs?
Any other way besides the Sorting and then SubtotaL?

Thanks and hope to hear any advice

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ragdyer

You could create a *unique* list of departments, say in K1 to K3,
And then in L1 enter this formula:

=SUMIF($A$1:$A$10,K1,$C$1:$C$10)

Copy down to L3.
--
HTH,

RD

"Faio" wrote in message
Can anyon help me out?

I have 3 columns A B C. In column A are the departments, B-Names and
C -Contributions.

A C
Account $10
Account $20
Warehouse $10
Account $15
Warehouse $20
HR $15
Warehouse $10
HR $20
HR $30

I would like to type a formula to sum all contributions for each Departs?
Any other way besides the Sorting and then SubtotaL?

Thanks and hope to hear any advice

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RagDyer

Appreciate the feed-back.

RD

"Faio" wrote in message
Thank very much.

It works and this is what I am expecting.

"Ragdyer" wrote in message
You could create a *unique* list of departments, say in K1 to K3,
And then in L1 enter this formula:

=SUMIF($A$1:$A$10,K1,$C$1:$C$10)

Copy down to L3.
--
HTH,

RD

-
Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit

!

-