Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
roy.okinawa

Default Show blank cell when not Closed or Open

I have this formulas in column B: =IF(AH80,"Closed","Open")

When I copy this formula down column B into blank rows, Open appears in all
those cells below B8 of column B even though there is no data enter. I want
these cells to remain blank until data is entered to start the new row.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson

maybe...

=if(ah8="","",if(ah80,"closed","open"))

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kleev

=IF(ISBLANK(A8),"",IF(A80,"Closed","Open"))
If you really mean AH8, then change above references from A8 to AH8.

"roy.okinawa" wrote:

I have this formulas in column B: =IF(AH80,"Closed","Open")

When I copy this formula down column B into blank rows, Open appears in all
those cells below B8 of column B even though there is no data enter. I want
these cells to remain blank until data is entered to start the new row.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
roy.okinawa

Thanks.

"Dave Peterson" wrote: