Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
WalterT.

Default Help with if statement.....

I am trying to create a time sheet for the 15th of the month through the end.
I have an empty column for the 31st (S). I want this header (S13) to be blank
if cell R7 does not contain */31/*. If R7 does contain */31/* I want the date
displayed in S13. Is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
WalterT.

The equation that I am trying (that is not working) in S13 is:
=IF(R7=*/31/*,=R7,"")

"WalterT." wrote:

I am trying to create a time sheet for the 15th of the month through the end.
I have an empty column for the 31st (S). I want this header (S13) to be blank
if cell R7 does not contain */31/*. If R7 does contain */31/* I want the date
displayed in S13. Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Hi Walter

Assuming R7 holds true Excel dates, then
=IF(DAY(R7)=31,R7,"")

Regards

Roger Govier

"WalterT." wrote:

I am trying to create a time sheet for the 15th of the month through the end.
I have an empty column for the 31st (S). I want this header (S13) to be blank
if cell R7 does not contain */31/*. If R7 does contain */31/* I want the date
displayed in S13. Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
WalterT.

You Rock! Thanks sooo much!

"WalterT." wrote:

I am trying to create a time sheet for the 15th of the month through the end.
I have an empty column for the 31st (S). I want this header (S13) to be blank
if cell R7 does not contain */31/*. If R7 does contain */31/* I want the date
displayed in S13. Is this possible?

Long IF Statement rmitchell87 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 October 2nd 05 03:50 AM
If statement Matt Montagliano Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 September 8th 05 08:47 PM
Do I need a sumif or sum of a vlookup formula? PeterB Excel Worksheet Functions 0 June 1st 05 12:23 PM
IF Statement Brent New Users to Excel 3 April 29th 05 04:24 PM
How do I fix a circular reference in a financial statement? drjayhawk25 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 February 7th 05 05:19 PM