Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gareth

Default when I wrap text in excel it disappears? autofit does not work

When I wrap text in excel it disappears. Row autofit and column autofit do
not work. the wording is in the it is just not visable. help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
blackmot

Did you try doing a manual row expansion? Sometimes the autofit doesn't work
for wrapped text. I haven't bothered to identify under which particular
circumstances.

"Gareth" wrote:

When I wrap text in excel it disappears. Row autofit and column autofit do
not work. the wording is in the it is just not visable. help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Autofit does not work on wrapped text in "merged" cells.

You can resize manually or via Macro. Jim Rech has written
code for this.

http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...%40tkmsftngp05

Also revised code for special cases.

http://snipurl.com/dfsm

The best cure is DON"T USE MERGED CELLS. They cause no end of problems with
copying, pasting, sorting, filtering.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP