Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
blackmot

Default Excel - create button to replace cell content with cell value

I frequently wish to replace the formulas in a cell(s) with the values.
Currently this requires several steps. Although I could shorten this by
creating a macro, I would suggest that this is a common operation for many
users and creation of a standard function for this would be valuable. Many
users could not create the required macro.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

That's far too dangerous, if you can live with ctrl + C and then click on an
icon you can do viewtoolbarscustomize and in the commands tab
select edit under categories and under commands scroll down to an icon with
12 on it and drag it to the menu, then close the customize window
However having an icon that would turn formulas into values with just a
click is not good IMHO

Peo Sjoblom

"blackmot" wrote in message
I frequently wish to replace the formulas in a cell(s) with the values.
Currently this requires several steps. Although I could shorten this by
creating a macro, I would suggest that this is a common operation for many
users and creation of a standard function for this would be valuable.

Many
users could not create the required macro.

----------------

this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
blackmot

That is what Ctrl-Z is for. I use it extensively :) Just don't save without
thinking about whether you are happy with it or not.

"blackmot" wrote in message
I frequently wish to replace the formulas in a cell(s) with the values.
Currently this requires several steps. Although I could shorten this by
creating a macro, I would suggest that this is a common operation for many
users and creation of a standard function for this would be valuable.

Many
users could not create the required macro.

----------------

this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
vezerid

Ctrl_Z will not work after running a macro, thus you have to rethink
Peo's comments.
Still, if you want a macro which will replace all formulas of a
selection to values, use this:

Sub FormulasToValues()
' Assumes the desired range has been selected first
Dim c as Range
For each c in Selection
c.FormulaR1C1 = c.Value
next c